Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mariah Carey - Fantasy (Extended Def Re-Edit)

Mariah Carey - Fantasy (mbc595 2013 Extended Def Re-Edit)

I recently discovered the 90's house jewel "Fantasy (Def Club Mix)" by Mariah Carey and wanted to do something interesting to the song. I found the alleged "almost-20-minute, unreleased" remix, but it isn't official (though it was mixed beautifully), so I decided I would join in with my own interpretation, too! Using the Def Club, Boss, MC, and Sweet Dub Mixes, I created this extended (just over 20 min.) re-edit of David Morales's remixes of "Fantasy."

After purchasing the super rare 2-disc UK single set of Fantasy, I decided to make a better-quality (hence the "HD") version of my re-edit since the tracks I originally used were downloaded off the internet and weren't very good quality. I also didn't use the "Fist Fusion"/"Monumental Mix" for this last version like I did in the first mix (found here on Soundcloud), since I now have the Sweet Dub Mix. This is my most popular track on Soundcloud right now.

1) Fantasy (mbc595 2013 Extended Def Re-Edit v2.1 HD) - (20:25) *On Soundcloud (HD Version)
2) Fantasy (mbc595's Re-Dub) - (7:53)

Track 2 is a shorter version more like a re-edit than a megamix. It's ok if you ask me, but it's more different than the original versions, unlike track 1, so you can be the judge of that!

DOWNLOAD


Thanks to Jason Fist for the inspiration and awesome first mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment